>Does anyone knows a way to convert the original files back to Director 7.

The only way is to manually copy and paste all the components. Note that
you can't copy cast members, though--you have to copy their contents, and
paste them into D7. Paint window to paint window, for example.

I don't know how much they're paying the programmers, but this sounds like
a false economy to me. I'd upgrade to 8.5 and be done with it. You'd spend
a *lot* of time copying and pasting, and with a very good probability of
introducing new errors.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson