>  I´m starting a new job, that was previous done in Director 8 by
>others, in my company we only have an official Director 7 version,
>Does anyone knows a way to convert the original files back to
>Director 7.

You can do that using vList Xtra. Take a look at "using media of
member with vList" in the doc.

For that to work, you should use an external vList file instead of a
vList member (as used in the doc example).

Also if you have flash or QT members, you have to recreate the
members, because the Xtra shipped with Director 7 are older than the
one with Director 8. But you can automate that creating a list of
member properties instead of copying member().media.

There are also some changes with 32-bit bitmap members between 7 and
8 and this forces you to transfer the member data using
member().picture instead of member().media, losing any JPEG there may
be in.

Daniel Devolder

Check my vList Xtra for saving Lingo lists with optional encryption

http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/vlist.html