QT has this tendency to hog away file associations on Windows. You might
need to open Media Player and reassociate it with mpg's

You can reset file associations from View>Options>Formats in Media Player.

Cordially,
Pranav Negandhi
New Media Applications.
Learnet India Limited, Mumbai.
Phone: 91-22-859 8042 Ext: 410

<snip>
I had a number of mpgs I wanted to import into director on the pc side of
a crossplatform cd-rom.

On the win side, in the system, it plays all the files fine in Windows
Media Player. But when I try to link to them externally, or import, it
sees them as quicktime.
<snip>