grimmwerks said:

> Tried to get the WMP to work, but no go.

and

> Besides, in the system, Windows Media Player IS associated with mpg.
> It's Director that's seeing it as quicktime. As I said, strange.

This may be too little too late, but it doesn't seem like you should
have to worry about associations. How are you trying to play the file
with WMP? You shouldn't have to import any video files; just drop the
ActiveX control into a sprite and use

wmp = sprite(yourActiveXSprite)
wmp.filename = yourVideoPath

That'll start playing the file. However, if you use something like

wmp = member("MyWMPActiveXControl") -- <-- don't use this
wmp.filename = yourVideoPath

That would replace the ActiveX castmember with a QuickTime castmember,
if the file located at <yourVideoPath> is an MPG that you play on Mac.

Could this have been what was happening?

HTH
Rob

* Rob Wingate, Software Human    *
* http://www.vingage.com         *