Hi Christian

Yes i tried it the way u suggested also like:
do "put list" & spritNum

But it prints <VOID> as first it takes the value of
list which is obviously void since the data is
actually in list1, list2 and so on..

Okay more details about my goal:

I parse an xml file and for every child i generate a
sprite at runtime. Each child in my xml file has
further subchildren with data about the child. I need
to store this data about the child in a list which
corresponds to the number of the sprite such as list 1
list2 and so on.....
Finally I store all these small lists in one main list
so that when i click the sprite on stage i can display
the data about it..but to do this when i click it i
get the sprite number and from that number i need to
retrieve the corresponding data list.
for which i need to dynamically generate the name of
the list by adding "list" with spritenumber.

I hope it was not too complicated to undertand
Thanx so much for your kind interest in this
problem...

Richie