Just watched this one. BBC production. Multiple points of view. Explains why
neolib/con (whatever you want to call it) is a dead end for all of us, globally.
Thanks for prodding, Jore. There is so much in this one that anyone who votes
needs to understand. The two main parties in Australia are asking the exact
wrong questions and we are letting them. Climate change is just one part of the
problem, more a symptom than a problem, or a result. And I love the ending of
the film. Tears.

Jan

At 11:34 PM 23/01/2015, jore you wrote:

>* http://thoughtmaybe.com/surviving-progress/
>Tagline: "The dominant culture measures itself by the speed of
>“progress”. But what if this so-called progress is actually driving us
>full force towards collapse? Surviving Progress shows how past
>civilisations were destroyed by “progress traps” — alluring technologgies
>and belief systems that serve immediate needs, but ransom the future. As
>pressure on the environment accelerates and financial elites bankrupt
>nations, can our globally-entwined civilisation escape a final,
>catastrophic progress trap?"

"Lost Anchors" - Now available on Amazon in both print and Kindle versions.
Print: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Anchors-J-Kirsten/dp/1502541556/
Ebook : <http://mybook.to/lostanchors>myBook.to/lostanchors

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

<https://www.amazon.com/author/jlwhitaker>JL Whitaker
"On A Life's Edge" -
US Amazon print and digital http://viewBook.at/OALEdge
Apple iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/on-a-lifes-edge/id893736824?mt=11

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer