At 08:54 AM 15/05/2015, Chris Johnson you wrote:
>The failure is collective: there is no small group of individuals who
>failed to say "no, minister" (or "no, permanent secretary"), it's
>collective hubris. We do not train IT professionals to recognise no-go
>areas, only to be aware of failures with the strong implication that if
>you do the next one "correctly" then you won't fail.

That is so true, Chris. Even risk management doesn't get to that level unless a
risk is deemed extreme, and even then there are fools who will rush right in.

I don't know how to get the message through the thick head of the various
ministers who have insisted continuously on being foolish. They don't want to
accept it and just sink the thing.

As someone said, the Titanic may have been a good idea, but it still sank.
Would you get on it today? (that was in reference to Jeb Bush's non-rejection
of the Iraq invasion)

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer