On 2015-09-07 11:39 Paul Brooks wrote:

> On 7/09/2015 9:54 AM, JanW wrote:
>> [...]
>> Demand will change that.
> Only if the number of premises in the tower footprint changes dramatically -
> someone combines four properties into a few hundred chalets, each needing
> their own dedicated connection, for example.
>
> When the number of endpoints within the tower footprint is pretty well known
> before the tower is built, demand doesn't change that much.

Locally, it seems that the wireless towers are being inter-connected by
microwave links in a somewhat redundant network which I assume would have more
than one fibre trunk.  But there's probably scope for congestion on the uWave
connections.

This part of the world also has a high rainfall (or did have before greenhouse
warming) and fogs, and I wonder whether the weather might also be a factor.
But low-level wireless technology is not my area.

David L.