At 12:25 +1200 15/5/17, Paul Bolger wrote:
>Also interesting over here (NZ) that the media spent the weekend reporting
>the attack, but didn't bother to tell people how to avoid being attacked
>themselves when they returned to work this morning.

The only Staysmart Alert that's arrived so far (dated Sun, 14 May 2017 07:48:57
+1000) is valueless ('something's going on ... be careful').  The reasonable
expectation of an ACORN is that it will actually grow;  but this service seems
as juvenile now as when it was launched.

You'd hope that individual IT Directors / CSOs did some homework by Sunday
evening at the latest, and had an urgent email in every employee and
contractor's mailbox before BoB today.  And is there enough information
available to have detection running on enterprise front-ends?

Below is a rather late one, which arrived c. 10:30 Monday, which is not BoB
even for university academics.

And it doesn't include information on which patch-package, of which date,
affecting which software, is the one that matters

That's too detailed to be in the body of such emails.  But surely a sufficient
proportion of people have someone nearby who 'knows more than the rest of us',
and is a reference-point who can take some load off the central services area?