> ... it's a question of
> where we want IBM to put their resources, and taking a developer away from
> new function to fix old function or restructure a bunch of drivers won't
> help the overall effort much. Then there's testing, etc, etc, etc -- it's
> not a free process to get something like this done.
I'd put it a different way (with a different conclusion ;-):
It is a question of how IBM can not only reduce their own costs (to currently
produce a separate driver for a subset of kernels of interest to their
customers), but also make sure that the driver exists for all kernels that their
customers run. Looks to me like it is a win/win situation for IBM to fix this,
and a lose/lose to not...

Peace. -njg