In general, only the I/O instructions and model dependent instructions
(such as diagnose) cause intercepts, so if you can avoid these as much
as you can you should be ok as far as sie is concerned.  When running
v=r or v=f most of the i/o instructions will be assisted ie will not
cause an intercept.

Jan Jaeger