From: "Dougie G Lawson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:02:08 +0000
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to access IMS Database from Linux/390

Samy,

A few ways are open to you.

1. Java CCF EJB programming through IMS Connect (on OS/390) to the IMS
message queue.
2. DB2 connect to DB2 for OS/390, DB2 stored proc runs ODBA to access
IMS
database.
3. CICS Transaction Gateway, runs CICS/DBCTL txn on OS/390.
4. MQSeries, OTMA to IMS message queue (needs MQSeries client on Linux,
MQSeries server on OS/390).
5. RPC/DCE support through AS/IMS running on OS/390.
6. Raw socket code that connects to IMS Connect to the IMS message
queue.

http://ibm.com/ims

Regards, Dougie Lawson

--