Hi, Steve.
Steve Guthrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Now that we've done 2.2.16 how do we upgrade to 2.4 Suse under S390?  Do we
>re-install or upgrade with patches?

I've had very good luck following Rob van der Heij's instructions for
upgrading a SuSe 2.2.16 kernel to the 2.4.7 level that he posted on
Mark Post's Linux 390 web site (www.linuxvm.org). Just down the
necessary kernel patches from the IBM Linux site and follow Rob's
step by step instructions. I've done it several times now and it works
each time. Do, however, make sure to get the latest qeth/qdio network
device drivers, because I was unable to get any of the earlier ones to
work with Linux and VM hipersockets. Good luck!

And, thanks, Rob, for the write-up!
>Thanks,

Dave Jones