Dave Jones wrote:

> >Now that we've done 2.2.16 how do we upgrade to 2.4 Suse under S390?  Do we
> >re-install or upgrade with patches?
> >
> I've had very good luck following Rob van der Heij's instructions for

Thanks for the kind words, but that was really meant as an
intermediate solution for those who want to play with 2.4
while there was no distribution yet. It causes various
other problems if you do it like that. There may however
still be some educational or recreational value in it.
The IBM patches to the 2.4 kernel have changed since then.

Now that SuSE have a 2.4 distribution you would be better off
with that, even with the beta that is out there to download.
I'm told the 'upgrade' in YaST of the new SuSE distribution
does work, but did not try it myself.
In some cases it may be easier to install a new system and
copy your data and a few other things. When you switch from
SuSE to RedHat that probably is the only option (especially
when you are using LVM).

Rob