>Well, I've figured out how to add minidisks, including how
>to dasdfmt, fdasd, and mke2fs.  Now, I'd like to move
>/usr to it's own disk.   What linux commands would
>I need to do that?  I've copied another disk with tar and
>that worked, but I want to make sure I don't lose anything
>in the process (and get it removed from / where it is now).

You can start with mounting the new disk over the /usr mount
point (need to go to single user mode without network) and
then you only see the new disk and hide the old /usr contents.
If you can bring up the services with that you can go back,
unmount, rename /usr and modify /etc/fstab and boot again.
Finally dispose of the renamed /usr directory.

This is where planning ahead pays off. You can have YaST
do the split itself during installation when you give it both
disks and tell it to use the 2nd disk for /usr.

Rob