From: Arty Ecock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: R/O Linux guest?

Hi,

   I need to set up a Linux/390 guest with read-only file systems (and
minidisks).  Has anyone done anything like this?  I'd want to put the
portions of the file systems that MUST be read-write on a V-disk.

   My filesystems are all on separate minidisks:

   /
   /home
   /usr
   /opt
   /tmp
   /var
   swap

   I think I can make /usr, and /home read-only rather easily.  The same
with /opt.  For the others, I'd have to disect them to locate the files
that must be read-write and set up symlinks for them.  Am I on the right
track?

Cheers,
Arty