From: Post, Mark K [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with OSA/2 Adapter

Tom,

>From what I can tell, your routing looks right.  The ifconfig output is
really strange, though:

_Something_ is sending you lots of packets, but nothing is going the other
way.  Just out of curiosity, have you tried downloading the latest OCO
modules for the OSA card that match your kernel level, and see if they act
any differently?  (I know they've opened up the source code for them, but I
don't want you to have to rebuild your kernel just to poke at this problem.)

Also, pinging the local IP address from Linux doesn't show anything, really.
The interface doesn't even get exercised by that, so unless it _fails_, it
means very little.  You've tried pinging the gateway router by it's IP
address?  Does that change the "TX packets" numbers on the ifconfig command
any?