Chet,

Are you using rhsetup, or loader to start the installation?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Chet Norris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 2:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RH 7.2 Install Issues

Pulling the $TCPIP parm off of the HOST statement makes the install use
the first segment of the gateway IP address as the VM(VIF) host name.
It evidently doesn't care about the double colons.
 netiucv: Invalid delimiter '.'
 iucv0: '111'
 NETIUCV driver Version: 1.12  initialized
 iucv0: User 111 is currently not available.
Using "TCPIP" instead of "$TCPIP" creates the proper addresses in IUCV0
and in the network table, but fails because there is no TCPIP user
found.
2.4.17 initrd.img and tapeinrd.img just don't support $TCPIP on the
HOST parm, and I can't key the entries from the console.

--- "Post, Mark K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chet,
>
> I'm not sure what the problem is, but what you can do is not specify
> the
> HOST= parameter, but instead have iucv=$TCPIP, and let the installer
> prompt
> you for the other values.  Or, specify HOST=, but leave the $TCPIP
> out:
> HOST=linimg.marrt.com:iucv0:111.222.6.226::111.222.128.121:1492
> and see if that works.
>
> Mark Post

=====
Chet Norris