From: Peter E. Abresch Jr. - at Pepco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 10:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux CLAW Woes

OK, I got the linux source tree from SuSE. I was able to apply the UTSG
Cisco CLAW patch successfully. I then did the following:

make oldconfig
There was a comment from UTS to reply "M" to the new configuration. I
never saw this.

make dep
Ran for a little while but seemed to work OK

make modules
Ran for a while with a lot of output but appeared to work OK

make modules_install
Ran OK. Created a new directory in /lib/modules/ called 2.4.7.SMP. The old
directory is  called 2.4.7.SuSE-SMP.

Anyway, I get the following from the insmod command:

ibm9672:/lib/modules # insmod c7000 base=0x5100 lhost0="PEPC"
uhost0="PEPCOCEC" noauto=1
insmod: c7000: no module by that name found

It appears to be only searching the 2.4.7.SuSE-SMP and not the new
2.4.7.SMP. I am sure this is something simple, I will appreciate any
suggestions. Thanks.

Peter