On 13.06.2002 at 00:45:18, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 06/12/2002 at 10:58ZE10, Vic Cross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Yep.  This is because on OSA, each port is its own LCS device which only
has
> > port '0'.  So the default (0) is fine.
>
> Unless it is a dual-port Ethernet/Token Ring (ENTR) OSA.  Those cards have
> 2 ports, addressable via the relative adapter number.

I was *sure* it didn't work like that, so I RTFM, and you're right Alan (of
course!).

It's confusing; because each port is defined with a separate DEVICE statement,
and its own pair of device addresses, I believed it was a separate LCS device...
 so I am surprised that the port number for the second port must be specified.

<returns to lurk mode, sheepishly>

Cheers,
Vic

--
Vic Cross  MACS  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Networking, Linux, on zSeries and S/390