At 00:36 13-07-02, Tony Pearson wrote:

>Do you know if there is an option in ext2fs to have deleted files
>zeroed-out, such as for security purposes, which would benefit outboard
>compression, or perhaps another Linux filesystem that has this feature?

We notice similar things on z/VM. Where specific utilities can find
unallocated space and tell the back-end system to drop it, with SFS
you have no way to tell whether a block is still in use.
What we came up with is to run a job now and then that files most
of the unused space with a single big file that is easy to compress
(e.g. all blanks) and then remove that file again. I was told this
did help SFS a lot.

Rob