i'm running the 2.4.7-suse kernel on a z900 under vm4.3.  i downloaded the 2.4.17 +
the two may-2002 diff's from ibm.  however when ipl the 2.4.17 kernel, it always stops
with a filesystem error, drops into single user and asks me to fsck .  However, i know
the filesystem isn't corrupted.  if i reboot with the 2.4.7, it comes up fine.  I've
tried finding some references to this, but can't seem to come up with a thing.  if
anybody has a solution or a link to a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
chris