On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:56, you wrote:
> Folks,
>

> You will have to extend your ext2 filesystem as well, since the ext2
> metatdata are
> not automatically aware of the volume expansion.
> Check http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2resize/ for additional
> information-

I thought about that, having just been through a somewhat similar process last
evening, but he said he used tar, and in that case there is no need (or
point) to run resize2fs.

What I did (on a PC) is this:

dd if=/dev/hda of=t/hda.backup #t/ is another disk

Then I took the second disk to another machine.
dd if=t/hda.backup of=/dev/hda

The new hda is 40 Gbytes, the old one 6.4 Gbytes, so...
fdisk /dev/hda # to delete and reallocate the second of two partitions
e2fsck -f /dev/hda2
resize2fs /dev/hda2

That procedure should be able to be adapted to S/390, but the use of tar like
this:
tar c -C / var | tar xp -C t

should just work.

As should the use of dump/restore, but I'm less familiar with those programs.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/