From: Post, Mark K [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 10:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Enlarging Root File System

You're both right.  Willem is right in pointing out when and where the
various system components are executed, and when their outputs are used, and
how that led to the failure.  It's helpful for people to understand the
details in that manner.  You're right in that essentially William was trying
to outsmart the system, and wound up outsmarting himself.  :)  (Please don't
think I'm beating up on William, I'm not.  I have a tendency towards those
kinds of mistakes myself, so if anything I empathize with him.)  Now that
William knows more about the details, he's not likely to repeat the mistake.
(Hopefully, new people that read the archives won't either.)

I'm just glad that people are willing to post their problems and ask for
help.  Every one of them is taking the chance of being told they did
themselves in, and post the question anyway.