On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:23, you wrote:
> any thanks to Mark, Daniel, John and Alan.
>

> Looks like all I needed (other than the original kernel eratta) was the
> modutils update.
>

> I was fortunate this was a small chain to chase, in that this system is
> not connected to the net, and therefore I can not do the easy tricks
> such as up2date  :-(

I expect if you get _all_ the updates available at any time you will never
have more than a minor problem with dependancy chains.

Whatever RH's policy is, I do imagine it includes ensuring all prerequisites
for any given update are available to anyone who can get the update.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/