Betsie,

Try renaming /etc/zipl.conf to something else and see what happens when you
run the command.

Also, are you booting from the same DASD volume as /boot is on?

From: Betsie Spann [mailto:betsie.spann@;oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 3:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: zipl question

'strace zipl.conf'  gave me strace: zipl.conf:  command not found
when I did, "strace /sbin/zipl", I got a display similar to yours.  It
pointed to /etc/zipl.conf and /boot/parmfile.  Both had the same "dasd="
string but neither matched the dasd used in the "Kernel command line" shown
at boot time or from dmesg.

Betsie Spann
VM Systems Programmer