Actually, the descriptive material when you log into root does document the insmod
process, but doesn't mention formatting the dasd. The installation manual documents
formatting the dasd, but doesn't mention the mke2fs step.

The way I got past the problem was to do the format and mke2fs myself, and then tell
YaST to leave the disk formatting alone on the creating filesystems window. The manual
would have you select a normal format for each device, but this did not work.

----
Robert P. Nix                            internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mayo Clinic                                  phone: 507-284-0844
200 1st St. SW                             page: 507-255-3450
Rochester, MN 55905
----
"In theory, theory and practice are the same,
 but in practice, theory and practice are different."