That helps if you understand OSA/SF - which I don't.  What I want to be
able to prove to the people who control the network is that YES indeed, I
can have an LPAR share a port on an OSA card. The biggest thing preventing
my install of another Linux LPAR is another cable being strung to switch.
If I don't have to do that.....

|         |           Rich Smrcina     |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           Sent by: Linux on|
|         |           390 Port         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           IST.EDU>         |
|         |           11/19/2002 08:38 |
|         |           Linux on 390 Port|

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: g3 and OSA-2 Ethernet problem

OSA/SF is used to configure OAT entries for different LPARS.  There is a
LPAR
indicator on the entry that will assign the address pair to the LPAR at
activation time.

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 08:20 am, you wrote:
> For those of us who are unsure how to do that, How do* you configure an
osa
> card (ENTR, FAST and/or GBE) to be shared amongst LPAR's when one is
OS/390

--
Rich Smrcina
Sytek Services, Inc.

Catch the WAVV!  Stay for Requirements and the Free for All!
Update your S/390 skills in 4 days for a very reasonable price.
WAVV 2003 in Winston-Salem, NC.
April 25-29, 2003
For details see http://www.wavv.org