On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Andy Robertson wrote:

> LINUX/VM newbie here
>

> The background is z/VM 4.3.
>
> We have two LPARS on the same box each running  z/VM with multiple LINUX
> images beneath them
>

> I have a request to facilitate data movement between the two z/VM images
>

> What is the "standard" way of doing this?    Can we share dasd somehow?

How current do you want it?
rsync will update one from the other on demand. See rsync.samba.org for
some handy hints.

Then there are enbd (enhanced network block device) and drbd which
facilitate mirroring in the RAID manner across a network.
See www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/reisner/drbd for the latter.

I suspect that sharing DASD isn't on unless it's ro in both places. You
could move it from one to t'other, but the notion doesn't appeal to me.

--

Cheers
John.