Thank you to everyone.   This will probably be enough

                      John Summerfield
                      <summer@computerdatas         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      afe.com.au>                   cc:
                      Sent by: Linux on 390         Subject: Re: Data transfer between
z/VM systems
                      Port
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      25/11/2002 20:06
                      Please respond to
                      Linux on 390 Port

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Dave Jones wrote:

> Hi, Andy.
>
> There are several ways you can share data between your two LPARs running
VM.
> You can:
>
> 1) connect the two LPARs with a hipersocket connection (if your hardware
> permits it). Then data can be moved from a Linux image in one LPAR to a
> Linux image in the other LPAR using, e.g., FTP.
> 2) physical DASD can be shared among the two LPARs using a VM facility
> called Cross System Extension (CSE). It's a standard part of VM, already
> included in what you have installed. It allows two VM images (one in each
> LPAR ) to share DASD. One Linux image can access DASD in read/write mode,
> while another Linux image in the other LPAR can access the same DASD in
read
> only mode.

Does that actually work if the disk is online to both systems at the
same time? I have visions of Linux not appreciating that the data on its
ro volume is actually dynamic.

_I_ should have mentioned nfs and such.

I also found the site for enbd - it was a trivial Google search. See
http://www.it.uc3m.es/~ptb/nbd/

--

Cheers
John.

Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain
copyright material of the John Lewis Partnership.
If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately and delete all copies of this
message.  (Please note that it is your responsibility
to scan this message for viruses).

John Lewis plc                  Registered in England 233462
Registered office               171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: http://www.johnlewis.com and http://www.waitrose.com