Malcolm - I'm currently offline from the linux site, but I will post the
information tomorrow morning. Also, Dennis' last post does suggest that I am
missing some software at the z/VM level.

BTW: the linux guests are set up with RedHat 7.2 with a virgin 2.4.19 kernel
from kernel.org patched with the May 2002 stream; not SuSe.

--
Jxrgen

Quoting Malcolm Beattie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> OK, let's keep going at it. What's the output of
>  # cat /proc/chandev
> on the Linux side (1) when you've freshly rebooted it, (2) after
> you've caused the chandev settings to take effect (whether you
> use SuSE's rcchandev, echo a read_conf to /proc/chandev or
> whatever) and also (3) after you do the "modprobe qeth"?
>
> --Malcolm

<...>