On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 02:27:47 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Ken Dreger wrote:
>
>> Right, DEC-COMPAC-HP, cannot even GIVE the VMS platform and software away
>> today....  I did DEC for 5+ years, and hated it ..
>> Compared to IBM DEC is a PC on drugs......
>>
>Whatever your opionion, a lot of folk used it. I checked the openvms
>website and it looks to me there's a lot of excited folk involved with
>it now.

Quite possibly - however getting current software (my example is BEA
Weblogic Server) certified for it is a major undertaking/hassle. Because
of a deteriorating number of users.
However, BEA is certifying for use on eg. Linux AND Linux/390.

/Per
(not a BEA employee any more)

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.