On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 18:27, John Summerfield wrote:
> Whatever your opionion, a lot of folk used it. I checked the openvms
> website and it looks to me there's a lot of excited folk involved with
> it now.

Tons of critical stuff runs on OpenVMS, mostly because it has
bulletproof clustering that goes beyond what you can ever achieve on a
single box however fault tolerant. I've worked at a telco that used
OpenVMS for telco billing. There is now way current offerings from most
other companies, unix nt or otherwise would meet their service level.

Telco billing must not stop even if an entire site is anihilated, nobody
must be billed twice and no record lost.