From: James Melin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 1:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LINUX & Security

I'd like to add a follow-on question to this....

Has anone gotten Linux to update user ID's/Passwords from an NT central
domain ? Is it possible to synchronize those, or failing that has anyone
gotten Linux security to refresh from RACF or ACF2 secuirity databases,
or
even authenticate logon using LDAP into RACF or ACF2 instead of manually
trying to synchronize Linux user lists/passwords/groups/ etc

|         |           Joseph Sumi      |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           v>               |
|         |           Sent by: Linux on|
|         |           390 Port         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           IST.EDU>         |
|         |           12/10/2002 09:42 |
|         |           Linux on 390 Port|

-------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  LINUX & Security

-------------------------------------------------------|

Hello, we have just started to research SUSE Linux under z/VM, and I've
been asked these questions:

- Does SUSE Linux issue any SAF (RACF) calls for security in the z/VM
environment ? If not, how is security handled ?

- Are there any types of "SMF" records cut to record access or
violations
to resources in a Linux z/VM environment ?

- Does anyone have a link to more specific security / Linux information
?

Thanks.