On Wednesday 11 December 2002 04:42 am, you wrote:
> Hello, we have just started to research SUSE Linux under z/VM, and I've
> been asked these questions:
>
> - Does SUSE Linux issue any SAF (RACF) calls for security in the z/VM
> environment ? If not, how is security handled ?
>
> - Are there any types of "SMF" records cut to record access or violations
> to resources in a Linux z/VM environment ?
>
> - Does anyone have a link to more specific security / Linux information ?

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/
http://lsm.immunix.org/
http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/
http://www.grsecurity.net/
http://www.snort.org/
http://www.chkrootkit.org/
http://www.wiretapped.net/
http://www.cert.org/

That's what I came up with on short notice.

security-enhanced linux and grsecurity-linux have an intensive development of
Access Control Lists and Role Based Access Control, though in different ways.
I expect they would be of equal interest at this preliminary stage.

I don't know anything about SuSE; I don't use it.

Wesley Parish

--
Mau e ki, "He aha te mea nui?"
You ask, "What is the most important thing?"