On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 01:34:25PM +1000, Vic Cross wrote:

> On 28.01.2003 at 16:18:43, Matt Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When initial configuration runs (when you telnet into it),
> > http://192.168.0.1:3128 will be given as the _default_ proxy address, but
> > you are prompted to change it and it is not used for anything until after
> > this point.
> >
> > \"Enter http proxy information, or leave blank for none:\"
>
> Does this mean perhaps that the script is not correctly blanking out the
> proxy information if blank is entered?  I do not have an image nearby, so
> I cannot try it right now, but in these scripts I thought a blank entry
> (hitting Return with no entry) meant accept the default with no change...

What it does is to fill in the box with http://192.168.0.1:3128 as the
default, so that if the user simply presses Enter, they get that value.  In
order to use no proxy, they must delete this string from the text box.  This
seems to be the only setting which presents such a problem, so perhaps I'll
put up an updated image which changes this default.

--
 - mdz