Two comments:

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Hank Calzaretta wrote:

> James,
>
> I went through a similar thing with WebSphere.  Here's what I did:
>
> 1) Download and install on your desktop the Cygwin/XFree86 X-Server from
> www.cygwin.com.
>
> 2) Launch Cygwin on your desktop and in the window type: cd /usr/X11R6/bin
> && startx

If you want a smaller (and still free) X server:

  http://www.jcraft.com/weirdx/

Use putty with X11 forwarding, and run weirdx as a java application.

> 3) A few xterm sessions will start in another window; in one of them do:
>         ps -a
>       <note the PID of task /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm>
>       kill <PID>
>       xhost +your-linux-hostname
>
> 4) On Linux do:
>       export DISPLAY=ip.address.of.desktop:0
>       startkde &      (this starts the Windows Manager KDE)
>       cd /your.db2.install.directory
>       ./install.sh &  (or whatever it's called)

Wow! you run a complete desktop on the remote computer? Wouldn't VNC been
simpler?

Anyway: have you tried:

  ssh your-linux-host '(cd /your.db2.install.directory; ./install.sh)'

(from an xterm)

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]