I just found this - check it out as it sounds like it will help.  I plan
to try it when I can reboot from windows to linux.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/7814/man/Keymap.html

Lionel B. Dyck, Systems Software Lead
Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
25 N. Via Monte Ave
Walnut Creek, Ca 94598

Phone:   (925) 926-5332 (tie line 8/473-5332)
E-Mail:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sametime: (use Lotus Notes address)
AIM:        lbdyck

"McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/02/2003 10:29 AM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc

Subject
x3270 keymap

Sorry for the total ignorance question. Is there a simple to understand
document on how to set up the keymap for x3270? I've looked a bit at what
could find, but to be blunt, I just didn't understand it. I'm an old 3270
user whose fingers are permenantly encoded as to where the "special" keys
such a ENTER (right cntl), NewLine (Enter), and RESET (left cntl) are
supposed to be. Along with Insert, Home, PA1 (PgUP), PA2 (PgDN), ATTN
(Esc),
clear (Pause). I really wish that there we some "keymap editor" around
which
would do this for me. OK, it is one thing I like about Windows.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its' content is
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
delete
this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this transmission, or taking any action based on it, is
strictly prohibited.