From: Phil Hodgson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 8:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: adding dasd under SUSE Enterprise 8...

Simple way is to amend the zipl.conf to add the vm address of the minidisk
        e.g. parameters='dasd=0999,0300-0303,6666 root=/dev/dasdb1 noinitrd

add your new disk to the end as the order is important.
Then run zipl and reboot.
Cat /proc/dasd/devices to see that it is there and check what the /dev/dasd
name is.
then you can partition it (e.g. mk2fs) and finally format the filesystem of
your choice (e.g. mkfs.ext2).

Good Luck.