There are problems with some of the versions of the installer.  Get the
latest Wine you can find, and the oldest Notes 5.  Install it, and then
upgrade it.

David

                    Rich Smrcina
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    .com>                  cc:
                    Sent by: Linux         Subject:     Re: Notes server finally
available on Linux for 390!
                    on 390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ARIST.EDU>

                    01/10/2003
                    19:01
                    Please respond
                    to Linux on 390
                    Port

I tried Notes under Wine with RHL9.0 and could not get it to install.

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 12:37, David Boyes wrote:
> > I did it too several times with the same results...
> > But keep on complaining about it - perhaps one day...
> > Thorsten Hock
>
> Especially now that a Linux laptop preload is available for IBM field
use. I
> think the WINE gadget they're using to run Notes internally now will
prove
> to be a serious pain to support, and that will drive the development.
>
> I'm also curious to see what the impact is on the Lotes for z/OS stuff;
I'd

--
Rich Smrcina
Sr. Systems Engineer
rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
rsmrcina at dsgroup.com

Catch the WAVV! Stay for requirements and the free-for-all.
Update your zSeries skills in 4 days for a very reasonable price.
WAVV 2004 in Chattanooga, TN
April 30-May 4, 2004
For details see http://www.wavv.org