> The current Notes client is very tied into the MS APIs. Porting
> it to any other platform would be extremely difficult, and given the
> marketshare of Linux on desktops, not justifiable.

It would be interesting to see how well one of the Windows API translation
products that claim to take Windows application source and produce a native
Linux binary would handle something like this. Given that Lotus tends to
play by the rules when the Windows API is concerned (much better than MS
does), I would think it would be possible to produce something fairly useful
at minimum development cost. The testing cost would be somewhat more
substantial, but not out of the question.

> I would love to see a "native" Linux client, but I would not hold my
> breathe waiting for it!

iNotes is kind of clumsy, but I do have to say that the 6.x releases are a
LOT less nasty than previous WWW clients. Also, wasn't there a AIX or
Solaris client at one point? If so, that would be the place to start, rather
than with the Windows client.

-- db