According to z/VM 4.3 CP Planning and Administration under the MACHINE
statement of the user directory:

XA
designates an XA virtual machine, which is functionally equivalent to an
ESA virtual machine.

--
Rich Smrcina
Sr. Systems Engineer
rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
rsmrcina at dsgroup.com

Catch the WAVV! Stay for requirements and the free-for-all.
Update your zSeries skills in 4 days for a very reasonable price.
WAVV 2004 in Chattanooga, TN
April 30-May 4, 2004
For details see http://www.wavv.org