From: Vic Cross [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 10:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Updated OCOs for Red Hat 7.2?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Post, Mark K wrote:

> Given your situation, I would ask Red Hat to provide a compiled kernel
> module for that kernel.  They have the source code now, so it's no longer
an
> IBM OCO module situation.  I would think the module would compile with no
> problems (but then I don't know for sure).  If they're forcing you to live
> with the equivalent of a Red Hat OCO kernel, then they can do the rest of
> the job as well.

I thought that the qeth source was part of the June 2003 stream patches
for 2.4.21.  So, I expect RH would come back and say that there is no
source for 2.4.9... %-)

Worth asking, though; thanks for the tip.

In the meantime, a workmate has suggested rebuilding the kernel (which we
ARE allowed to do, as long as we use Red Hat's source unchanged) with
module version checking turned off, and try the 2.4.9-43 modules.  Don't
know whether this will be any more or less supportable than alternatives
(as it introduces plenty of possibilities for other module fun).  At least
we might be able to see if the updated module fixes our problem...

Our Red Hat support guy is getting back to us.

Cheers,
Vic