We used Debian at 2.4.21 in the test cases. As long as it's a reasonably
modern kernel, it should work.

And, yes, this is an ideal use for hipersockets. You want a fast low-latency
pipe for the Amanda server to z/OS piece -- NFS isn't very bright about
retrying timeouts.  The Amanda server to Amanda client connection is less
picky.

-- db

David Boyes
Sine Nomine Associates