On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 20:56, Steve Gentry wrote:
> I'm running RHEL AS and I'm trying to set up a V-DISK swap file.  VM
> definition goes ok; I do a format and then a reserve.
> When I try and do a dasdfmt  I get the following:

If you've done your CMS reserve already, you probably want the diagnose
driver to use it. If it does not show in /proc/dasd/devices yet, then
you should load the dasd_diag_mod kernel module to pick it up.
You don't dasdfmt it because an FBA device does not need that. You can
mkswap the first partition. See the "Performance and Tuning" Redbook
SG24-6926 for example.

Rob