From: Ranga Nathan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 06:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MQ on Linux - multiple ports for multiple receive channels?

Anyone running MQ server on Linux LPAR / VM?
>From all I see, multiple MQ receive channels in our Linux LPAR requires
different (listening) ports but our mainframe experts say that on the
mainframe all receive channels are multiplexed through one port.  MQ's
default port is 1414.

Oh, also can you recommend any open source or otherwise (if proprietary
anything that is not bloat-ware) monitor for MQ so we can check the pulse
and do some health check? I was thinking of rolling an Nagios plug-in using
the nrpep client/server architecture. Thanks.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit