From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Doug
Griswold
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 7:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: z800 performance

What kind of performance can I expect out of a z800 with one engine
dedicated to linux with 1 gig of ram?  I am very familiar with linux on
other architectures (mostly x86) and I know what x86, powerpc, and sparc
architectures are capable of but I have been unable to guestimate what 1
engine is capable of with a gig of ram.  I know this is an impossible
question because there is too many variables.  But lets say we have a db2
database that is using 60 percent of a dual p4 x86, 4 gig/ram on a high
performance SAN and you move this to a z800 with 1 ifl engine and a gig of
ram and escon attached starage, what can I expect inperformance
increase/decrease.

Thanks

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit