From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kohrs,
Steven
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 9:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux Performance Issue

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 16:24, Tom Duerbusch wrote:
> But after the product is installed, then bring down KDE!
>
> I think a year or so ago, DB2/UDB required a gui screen for the
> install (just to ask one question).

What am I missing here?  I run X applications (DB2 installs, GSKit iKeyman,
ldapxcfg) all the time from z/VM Linux guests.

export DISPLAY=192.168.0.1:0.0

Now, I'm also trying to learn all the command line equivalents so I DON'T
have to run X applications.  :)

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit