From: Gianfranco Ciotti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:05 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Hipersockets and DB/2

I'm not very exert, but error seems that z/OS tries to resolve the host name
of 192.168.1.68 machine but faild. What do you mean for refuses remote
connections? Can you ping, if echo replay is enabled, z/OS machine from
zlinux using ip address?

Thursday 14 April 2005 06:14, You wrote:
> After, I configured hipersockets for Linux; my DB/2 (under z/OS v1r4)
> systems now fails refuses remote connections.  Here is the log from
> DB/2 on the mainframe (running in an LPAR no VM).  Everything else
> works fine.  I know that this is not a "Linux" question exactly, but I
> want hipersockets and so it becomes my issue to resolve.  Does anyone
> have an idea where I should look or where a more appropriate forum
> would be to ask this question?
>

> 20.51.26 STC05183  DSNL512I  @ DSNLILNR TCP/IP  766
>    766             GETHOSTBYADDR(192.168.1.68) FAILED WITH
>    766                        RETURN CODE=1 AND REASON CODE=00000000
> 20.54.40 STC05183  DSNL512I  @ DSNLILNR TCP/IP  767
>    767             GETHOSTBYADDR(192.168.1.68) FAILED WITH
>    767                        RETURN CODE=1 AND REASON CODE=00000000
> 20.57.54 STC05183  DSNL512I  @ DSNLILNR TCP/IP  768
>

> Thanks,
>
> Doug

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit