From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Uriel
Carrasquilla
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 6:10 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: /tmp as a logical volume

We have /tmp as part of the / (root) file system in one 3390 volume (m9).
I was wondering what reaction I would get from this list if I was to create
a logical-volume (lvtmp), part of an existing volume-group (vgsys01) and
mount it as /tmp.
Would SuSE SLES-9 be ok with it?
what are my risks if under LVM?
would I be able to IPL if the LVM gets damaged and I just change my
/etc/fstab to remove the reference to /tmp?
any suggestions, comments and ideas are welcome.

Regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
NCCI
Boca Raton, Florida
561.893.2415
greetings / avec mes meilleures salutations / Cordialmente
mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vänlig hälsning

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and
as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.